Purpose of the Role: As a Volunteer EMT, you will be part of our dedicated team providing essential emergency medical services to our community. This role provides an opportunity to gain hands-on experience and enhance your skills in a real-world environment, working alongside our professional EMTs, and Paramedics. Volunteers will function as an integral part of our team, augmenting the primary crew and contributing to our mission of providing high-quality patient care.
- Support in Emergency Response and Patient Care:
- Assist in assessing call situations and determining appropriate actions and protocols.
- Collaborate with the team in using medical equipment and procedures to provide top-tier medical care.
- Support in delivering patient care in line with clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Cooperate with receiving facilities to provide medical direction and crucial patient information.
- Communication and Collaboration:
- Engage effectively with patients and their families, offering information and reassurance.
- Learn from and assist experienced team members in scene management.
- Collaborate professionally with allied health and public safety personnel, contributing to excellent patient care and customer service.
- Operational Duties:
- Assist in maintaining the ambulance’s cleanliness and readiness for optimal call response.
- Aid in documenting activities regarding patient care and billing for accurate record-keeping.
- Quality Assurance:
- Commit to maintaining all required certifications.
- Adhere strictly to company policies and procedures, including those regarding information systems security.
- Assist in ensuring the cleanliness and orderliness of the assigned station.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the crew.
- Must pass a Physical Agility Test and Medical Exam.
- Possess good physical stamina and endurance, with the capability of frequently standing, walking, lifting, carrying, and balancing.
- Ability to lift, drag, hoist, and carry equipment and other objects.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Current State of Connecticut EMT-B accreditation.
- Age 18 or above.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Clean driving record.
Join us today as a Volunteer EMT if you’re a certified EMT passionate about serving the community and eager to enhance your skills in emergency medical services!