Purpose of the Role: We are seeking a compassionate, dedicated Per Diem EMT to deliver high-quality emergency medical services and patient care, with an emphasis on professionalism and empathy.
- Emergency Response and Patient Care:
- Evaluate emergency situations and implement suitable protocols for the best patient outcomes.
- Administer necessary medical procedures using equipment like gurneys, oxygen supplies, airway equipment, bandages, and splints.
- Prioritize patient needs using triage skills for optimal efficiency.
- Provide patient care adhering to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Liaise with receiving facilities for medical direction and relay critical patient information.
- Communication and Collaboration:
- Comfort and inform patients and their families, providing assurance and compassionate care.
- Act as a scene leader when required, managing emergency situations effectively.
- Collaborate professionally with allied health and public safety personnel to ensure excellent patient care and customer service.
- Operational Duties:
- Drive the ambulance, supporting map reading to minimize response times.
- Maintain ambulance in prime condition, ensuring cleanliness and adequate supply levels.
- Document all activities related to patient care and billing, ensuring accurate record-keeping.
- Adhere to response times and hospital turnaround times as per policies.
- Quality Assurance:
- Keep current with certifications.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including information systems security.
- Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the assigned station.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Ability to pass a Physical Agility Test and Medical Exam.
- Good physical stamina and endurance, capable of standing, walking, lifting, carrying, and balancing as job demands.
- Ability to lift, drag, hoist, and carry equipment and other objects.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 6 months or equivalent of experience in a 911 EMS system.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Additional education is a plus.
- Current State of Connecticut EMT-B accreditation.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification.
- Clean driving record.
Join our dedicated team and make a real difference in people’s lives during their most critical moments. Apply today!